Monday, September 24, 2018

September 24, 2018. Ancaster, Ontario. Irene.

Her attention to detail has astonished me. Every comdort was provided for my visit from the large to the small. I was impressed but not surprised because I know Irene. In my own bathroom I found everything I needed,including two types of shampoo, and even to a spray bottle of lens cleaner for my glasses. Of course, the big fluffy towels were in abundance. When she heard me cough, she left a bottle of Buckley’ cough syrup on the vanity. And in my bedroom on the dresser was a note pad and pencil. With a little bear in the center of my bed, I was ready for a good night sleep. While I sat in the living room drinking coffee, Irene prepared my breakfast of crumpet, Canadian cheese and fruit, all served on the vintage china that once belonged to Irene’s parents. The Apple blossom pattern is beautiful and delicate and I loved using the old plates. We all agreed that the wedding was splendid. We enjoyed all the events and had fun with the relatives. Last evening at Wendy’s new home we had dinner with Ken, Anne, Eric, Alana, along with Dave and Irene and Ken B. and Wendy. It was a fitting final event. I am glad I came. Now Wendy will drive me to the Hamilton airport and after a flight on Swoop, Mr. G. will take me home. And that will be good. But I must say that I fall down when guests stay with us. Maybe I will pay more attention to my guest house. I certainly loved all Irene’s Preparation for me. I felt pampered and loved, which she intended to do. Thanks for Dave for all the driving and for Irene for looking after me. I enjoyed my visit a great deal.

No comments: