Tuesday, November 13, 2018

November 13, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Pitter Patter.

Whenever I sit in my chair in the corner of the living room and everything in the house is quiet, I could hear the pitter patter of little feet. I could recognize those little feet in the attic because years ago in Nova Scotia I heard the same sounds. I called the exterminator. He left bait in the attic and assured me the problem was solved. But he was wrong. So he came back again. He was not able to find where the little critters were getting into the attic so I knew I would hear them again. And I did. I did what I always do when we have a problem at our home which is to call Chantes. The chimney for the fireplace was also dripping water. The problem was not severe as we only get a bit of dropping, and it only occurs in severe rain and wind. But I do not like having water dripping into the fireplace. Chantes came yesterday to evaluate the situation. A vent in the attic was broken and the screen had come off. He assured me he would fix it. As it was raining yesterday, he was unable to get onto the roof to check the chimney. He told me he would be here Tuesday and he did. He spent an hour or so and repaired the vent and put new better wire over the opening. He seems confident that I should not hear any little foot steps from the attic. He did remind me that we have two vents, which he did not check because it is in a difficult part of another attic at the far side of the house. So far, my room has been quiet and still. No one else is here and there is no noisy wind to cover up the little steps. I am hoping our problem with the pitter patter of little feet is over. What would I do without Chantes?

No comments: