Wednesday, November 21, 2018

November 21, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Cooking A Turkey.

Cooking a turkey is easy. I have done it many times. But this year, I am preparing the turkey the easiest possible way. And the interesting thing is that the dinner tastes the same as if I had started from scratch. This morning, Keshena drove me to Primos to pick up our feast. The experience was wonderful. My refrigerator is full of containers and all I need to do is heat them up. Such a pleasure. I did the same thing several years ago and much to Ken's surprise, the turkey was not dry. Christina and I ate breakfast at Primos a few weeks ago and I ordered our feast. Today we just needed to pick up the food and store it in the fridge. Tomorrow all I must do is turn on the oven. Primos is an institution in Jackson. I have always been impressed with their food and their efficiency. Today they were on top of their game. They were staffed up. When we first walked in they had people checking up into the computer. Immediately you went to the cashier to pay your bill. Next you went to the end of the counter where a young man brought all the food from the kitchen and carried the food to the car. The place was full of people but I was only in the restaurant for five minutes. It was wonderful to behold. Both staff and customers were enthusiastic and joyful. After all, the customers did not need to cook. Many folks were doing exactly what I was doing which was to buy the whole meal, but many others were picking up dessert or rolls. Primos covered themselves with glory today. They were efficient and pleasant and enthusiastic. Hats off to them. I always enjoy a business that anticipates the needs of the customers and sets their systems up so the routines will be smooth. No waiting. No hassle. Just superb service. Now I must b my part and not overheat the food. It could happen.

No comments: