Saturday, November 17, 2018

November 17, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Meals.

Our cook, Dreisys, had a baby the end of July. She is not working but is looking after Jack. Instead of cooking at our place, she cooks for us at her home. And she brings the food to us. Sometimes she brings the baby. She cooks on Thursdays. This week she arrived at 7:45 which meant she was up very early as the food was warm when she arrived. Her husband was leaving late for work so she left the baby home. Today for our main meal at noon we ate a delicious beef stew and we have enough left over for two more meals. Our system works well. We enjoy her cooking and she enjoys the extra income. She always makes a large pot of soup. This week is vegetable soup. Last week was lentil. Always delicious and always enough for several meals. I organize the food. Some times I also prepare a meal. This evening for supper we ate in the TV room while we watched the Predators hockey game. In the middle of eating, Ken asked me innocently if I was having difficulty with color blindness in addition to my other problems. I said no. I am fine. Then Ken asked me if the bread in his sandwich started out black. Then I knew what he meant. And I laughed and told him the bread was brown. I fixed Ken a toasted cheese sandwich, which I cooked on a griddle. But I forgot about it and by the time I turned it over, one side was black. The other side was fine so I put the sandwich on the plate with the light brown side up. But he noticed. He said it did not taste burned but he did note that the bread was definitely black, which it was. He knows not to complain but he did wonder. Next time I will pay more attention.

No comments: