Thursday, November 29, 2018

November 29, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. BSF.

I have rejoined BSF. I have not attended for a year or so but I decided that I needed more activities in my life. Linda Creath has been keen to have me come back and has agreed to bring me home. Actually, I only attended for a few Thursdays. First I had no one to drive me and next my cancer returned so my immune system was shot. Now my white cells are 7 so I am safe to get out into the world. Kashina drove me this morning and Linda brought me home. So the system will work. BSF stands for Bible Study Fellowship. It is a national organization. Changes were made with their routine so now we go straight to our own group upon arrival. Then we meet in the auditorium to sing a hymn and listen to a talk. The course of study is set by the main office and lessons are given out each week. It is all well organized. My group is interesting too. The leader is Dana, and we are 10 ladies in the group. Even though we are studying the Bible, we learn a lot about the ladies during our time together. The age group is 50 to 80. One member of our group id a bible scholar, which pleases me because a bible scholar I am not. But I will learn, which is the whole point. One lady will be going to Las Vegas this weekend. Her niece is competing to become Miss Rodeo Queen of America. She already is Miss. Rodeo Queen for Mississippi. Who knew? You learn attending bible study!!

No comments: