Sunday, September 1, 2019

September 1, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Helpers.

I do have some abilities, but I have none mechanically. I have never been able to figure anything out, not when I was young and not now. My brain stops working. Fortunately, all my life I had help. My Mother could figure anything out and take things apart and put them back together. Then I married and Ken would come to my rescue. At work, Regina was a wonder and could make everything work properly. Wonderful Wendy prowls around fixing things and making everything run in Mississippi and Mal does the same when he is visiting Nova Scotia. Anna can do anything so is a big help two days a week. But mostly I live by myself so sometimes I need help. Friday evening I was hosting a dinner party. I switched the circuit breaker to turn on the fountain but I used the wrong breaker, which turned out to be the fridge. I finally got the breakers correct. But then the fridge started beeping. I did everything I could push but it still beeped. So I called friend Mary, who is clever. I found the directions for the fridge and Mary found the answer. The printing is too small for me. Mary walked to the fridge and pushed the button that tells the fridge that we knew the power was turned off. Like magic, the beeps stopped and the blue light came on. Problem solved. It took Mary five minutes to figure it out. As Mary was one of the dinner guests, we just drank a glass of wine while we waited for the other guests. I am so fortunate with my friends. Hats off to Mary for bailing me out.

No comments: