Monday, September 14, 2009

September 14, 2009. Chevy Chase, Md. Anxiety.

I love change, but some things  raise my anxiety.   This weekend we were at the farm.  The weather was glorious and we decided to stay over Sunday night and drive  home Monday morning.    As I had no appointments at work until noon,  our plan was to leave just after rush hour and drop me at work mid morning.  It seemed a good plan, until I realized that we had no computer at the farm  and thus would not be able to write my wee web log until Monday night.  All of a sudden my anxiety went up.  Both Saturday and Sunday I was without a computer.

Now we have the satellite system coming to be installed  on September 24, so we will be able to access the Internet from the farm.    From now on, I will have no anxiety about my task when we are at the farm.  This is a perfect example of how to deal with anxiety.   First thing to do is to isolate what is causing the stress.  Next is to figure out the options open to resolve the problem.  Finally, make a decision and implement the program.  Now I am happy.  Tammy will meet the installer, so the next time we are at the farm for a long weekend, I will be able to do my work.  Nothing makes me more anxious than not doing my work.

This morning I watched a fox catch a rabbit, then see him sit and proceed to eat it.  The natural world is not pretty or kind.  It was interesting to watch , though gruesome.  The fox was beautiful, with black ears, a long nose and a very long tail.  He was a red fox.  Ken was stung six times by ground bees while clearing out some weeds.  Again, nature is not kind.

No comments: