Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September 9, 2009. Chevy Chase, Md. My Car.

No need to panic.  I just called Ken to pick me up at work to take me home and leave my car in the garage for another night and deal with it tomorrow.  My car sat in the garage at work for over five weeks, and when I went to start it to go home, nothing happened.  I had fully expected to have trouble but I had faith in the AAA to bail me out, so I just laughed and called for Ken.

This morning first thing I called the AAA to come and get me started, which they did.  They were here at the office in thirty minutes and promptly started my car, then told me I must drive the car for an hour before turning it off.  Once again I called Ken to see if he had any errands, so I picked him up and drove him to the grocery store and the hardware store before dropping him at home.  Next I drove on every street in my favorite neighborhood in Bethesda before driving River Road to Seven Locks Road then back to the office on Bradley Boulevard.  It was certainly an unusual way to spend my morning, but it was pleasant.

After work tonight, my car started up just fine, so I am back in business.  The nice young man from AAA admired my car and suggested that it will last for another ten years.  He noted the old attachment in the front for a car phone and did comment that it was very old indeed.  But he noted the mileage and thinks it is still modern.  Now he was a very nice young man indeed.

No comments: