Friday, September 18, 2009

September 18, 2009. Bethesda, Md. Changes.

Changes of course are inevitable in life, in fact, whether you plan for them or not, change is part of the natural evolution of life. We are in the process of upsetting the apple cart in the office. All the staff of Prosperity Mortgage Co. and all the Managers are shifting spaces. Prosperity folks come into my space which includes the small conference room. That allows buyers more easily meet with the loan officers without entering agent space. Ned comes downstairs into a part of the Prosperity space, with the other half another small conference room. Jeff B. who is a Prosperity loan officer housed upstairs in a small office will take over Ned's office, along with his new admin. person while I will take over Jeff's small office. All the shifting around will make for a much more efficient operation, and I will not feel guilty about leaving my desirable and useful office empty when I am away.

Now I must be the first person to move , to allow the construction of my space be re-configured for Prosperity. So all my stuff is packed up into boxes, ready to be placed in my new spot, which will not be ready until everyone else moves first. All my pictures, including my big pig, have been removed, so the office looks awful, except now it is neat and tidy. The construction folks are ready to start any day and I did not want anyone else to have to pack up my stuff, so I sorted and pitched and packed and now I am ready. All my hats have been re-installed out by the back door all over the windows and high walls. They look ridiculous but fun, though a bit cluttered. Nancy will hang all my awards outside my new office.

We are in the process of upsetting our well ordered apple cart, in order to prepare for a better future. My Mother told me the you can not improve the future without upsetting the present, and we are in the midst of doing just that. I am thrilled with the shifting, as are Carole and Ned and The Upper East Side is about to get louder!!

No comments: