Thursday, January 13, 2011

January 13, 2011. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Lasagna.

Beverley is a friend of long standing, from my days of living in Vancouver.  We were Girl Guides together, many years ago,  and we have been friends ever since.

Twenty years ago she visited us in Bethesda and looked at the agent handbook for Bethesda Hampden Square.  She was an educator and commented that it was an interesting piece but it could be much better.  I of course asked how.  She assured me that if I wanted her, she could return in two weeks and tell me how to fix it, and she did.

Every day we went to work at 7:30 and she spent all day in the conference room, correcting each error and making suggestions.  Every page was filled with pink post-its, which I was required to fix.  Every evening we went home to Franklin Street, where we ate lasagna.  Every night, the same thing.  The first evening I cooked a full lasagna and every subsequent evening we ate another piece.  Ken was at a meeting, until Thursday when he returned when we finally got to eat something other than lasagna.

Tonight. after cocktail hour, Beverley asked if we were going to eat lasagna.  She remembered!!

No comments: