Friday, January 21, 2011

January 21, 2011. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Massage.

Finally, after 52 years, Ken is beginning to enjoy a massage.  In the past, he took a massage for social reasons, such as when we were staying at a lovely airport hotel in Japan with the boys and they all went together to have a massage and a hot tub and drink sake and smoke cigars.  They had a wonderful time together, while I was doing the same in the ladies side, but without the cigar.  For the past few years, Ken has agreed to have a massage at the Spa here in Mexico, mainly because the price is right.  They charge only fifty percent for the second massage so he thinks we are 'saving money'.  This morning, he actually stated that the older he gets, the better the massage feels to his muscles.  Amazing it took him so long to get smart.

Every time I take another massage I note that new tricks have been added to the routine.  Today,  when first laying on the table, hot towels were wrapped around my feet, and a warm cloth was placed on my back.  It felt good.  Then when I was on my back, a warm towel was put on my stomach.  Of course, they still use the warm scented oil, that makes me sneeze and stuffs up my nose.  But the worst aspect is the bell.  This wonderful musical bell sounds right beside my ear, telling me that the massage is over.  I hate that part of the new routine!!

No comments: