Saturday, January 29, 2011

January 29, 2011. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. More Books.

Don't bother to read this book.  I must have read a good review and perhaps it gets better further along,  but it is probably not worth your time to read it.    Now my problem begins.  Ken stops reading immediately when he determines that the book is either not well written or is boring.  I, on the other hand, is programmed to complete whatever I have started, so right now,  I am plowing through the whole book, trying to find something of value.

It has an interesting concept.  A Scotsman has chosen to become an American citizen.   My bias is that the author is a comedian now,   lives in Los Angeles and is a Liberal so I am trying to overcome these three black marks.  I'm only on chapter five but already I don't think he will get interesting.   Already he hints of his two failed marriages and his fifteen years as an alcoholic.  But I am always looking for reasons for success and he certainly has done that although I do not know his name.

The good fairies must have snuck into my Kindle to put these books onto my home page because I have no recollection of reading any review, but here it is "American on Purpose" by Craig Ferguson.  I will continue to search out any  evidence of redeeming social or intellectual value.  And I will report.

No comments: