Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January 26, 2011, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. We did it.

Truth be told, the best part of a visit to the gym is the hot tub.   I'm big at having a light at the end of the tunnel, so in my mind's eye, I picture the changing room with the showers all ready.  After exercising upstairs in the very high tech large room full of very young fit people, I return downstairs where I take a long hot shower.  Next up is the large hot tub, all in a separate room holding a steam room and a sauna along with a cool shower stall.  It is perfect, especially because it seems no one uses the room but me.  I have never met another person in the hot tub.  It is heaven in there.

First I hot tub, next take a cool shower, followed by five minutes in the steam room, followed by another cool shower.  The shower only comes down cool.  Next up,  the sauna, again followed by a shower.  Finally, I sink into the hot tub for a few minutes of luxury before returning to the changing room for another shower and finally to dress and meet Ken for the shuttle back to the apartment.

This routine is very much on my mind as I travel from machine to machine, trying not to work too hard the first time back to the gym.  It is very easy,  the first time, to injure yourself.  I have done it myself.  But not today.  We are both fit as a fiddle.

No comments: