Saturday, January 22, 2011

January 22, 2011. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Two more books.

Without the computer and my Kindle I would be lost,  here in Mexico.   Bev.  commented several times during her visit here about the quiet in the apartment.   She was correct.  Ken and I are either reading or using the computer, both quiet activities.   It is my guess that our life style here is too lacking in activity for her liking but she really did enjoy the sunshine and warmth.

It is an old fashioned love story, well written and engaging,  taking place in Scotland in 1296, involving the fights between the English and Scots.   "His Captive" is the book, written by Diana Cosby.  I read it in a day and enjoyed every minute.  I'm not going to tell the ending.  Just read it and enjoy.

Now I have started a new Bill Bryson book, "At Home: A Short History of Private Life".   He is one of the funniest writers around today, very entertaining and enjoyable.  I  have read many of his books, perhaps the best is his history of the english language.   His new book deals with his house and it's component part, the history and function.  I am looking forward to delving into this new book, to glean information and to be amused.  He is a very funny man.

No comments: