Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 23, 2011. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Walking the Beach.

I am not in love with walking on the beach.   I seem to be in the minority.  Every day there is a great march past, with scantily dressed folks walking  the beach all day long.  Friends visiting us always want me to walk on the beach with them.  Suzanne always takes a long walk on the beach right after breakfast, lasting for at least two hours and sometimes ending up at Bucerias.

My problem with the beach is that it is not level so I end up with one hip giving me trouble.  Also, I really don't enjoy walking in loose dry sand that fills up my Tevas and makes walking difficult.  In order to walk on the hard wet flat sand you are required to walk over a large expanse of dry loose sand.  Mostly I refuse to accompany anyone on a walk on the beach.

Except yesterday.  Ken told me that the tide was out so  a large expanse of flat sand was right ready for walking.  It was five o'clock, a perfect time to walk, so out I went.  Much to my great surprise I enjoyed it hugely.  People were flying huge kites along the shore, the children were frolicking in the shallow water, and every where I looked I could see birds and boats.  It was a lovely scene.

We walked for an hour and I enjoyed every minute, much to my surprise.

No comments: