Friday, January 7, 2011

January 7, 2011. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. An Afternoon in Bed.

I am pretty much the same as I was yesterday morning, even though I stayed in bed all afternoon and evening.  Now I will revert to my former routine of ignoring my infirmities until I get better.  My problem is that I cough, long and loud.  It is almost as  if I caught it from Ken except I sound worse than him.   I was irritated.  We arrived last Saturday and I am still hacking away and feeling miserable, so at the grocery store yesterday I asked Ken to buy two types of cough medicine, one for the day and one at night.

We arrived home around noon, took one dose of the medicine and promptly lay down for a nap and never got up.  No e mails, no blog, no reading, no walk.  Of course I felt terrible with a dry mouth and throat, but I just stayed in bed, deciding that I would be perfect in the morning.  Ken noticed a definite improvement in me this morning.  "You are standing up" says Ken.

No more cough medicine in the day time for me.  I am reverting to my old program which has worked for 73 years.

No comments: