Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 14, 2013. Jackson. Mississippi. A Book.

What a life I am leading.    All day today I have been reading.   I am still wearing my nightshirt.   This morning I did laundry and changed the sheets but the rest of the time I was reading.   There was food in the refrigerator and we had no appointments, so while Ken ran two different errands, I read, all day.  My i Pad ran out of juice just as I was finishing the book, so I must wait until tomorrow to read the grand finale.

This morning I read all the political e mails and articles from the Internet, then after lunch I read from my novel, Major Pettigrew's Last Stand.   I was surprised to find that the author lives in Brooklyn as the  book  takes place in Surrey, on the coast  south of London.  Her name is Helen Simonson and she certainly knows Surrey and the English habits.   It took a while to become interested in the book as I am always irritated at the English way of dealing with the world.   The book grows on you as the characters must deal with the world of the England right now.   Irene recommended the book to me and I have enjoyed getting to know these people but this is not a book that Ken would enjoy.  But for me, I will miss these folks when I get to the end.

No comments: