Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March 5, 2013. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Endings.

I wonder if everyone feels the same way as I do or am I just peculiar?  I have even been told that when house guests depart, the hosts jump for joy.    Perhaps they have different guests or perhaps they fuss more than me when they entertain friends.   The house always seems empty and quiet and lonely when house guests leave.  Our condo tonight feels like being in a morgue.

Yesterday we had a happy last evening.   First a swim and hot tub for Marilyn and me while Ken and Richard talked.  Then we four had a drink at the two for one at the restaurant by the beach.  We talked until almost sunset, sitting watching and listening to the sea. Finally we rushed up to see the sun set from our balcony.  It was no time to break with a successful routine.

Marilyn and Richard were here for only five days so we had not yet visited our favorite outside restaurant down the street.  I herded us all down for a light snack of baked stuffed potatoes.  It was fun and it was festive and we all four enjoyed our last evening.

But now they are gone and our place is quiet as a mouse.   Soon that will be the norm and all will be well but at the moment, I rather miss all our spirited conversations while we pondered the future and the past.  One thing we all agreed on and that is that we have been very fortunate in our lives.  And we hope it will continue!!

No comments: