Friday, March 29, 2013

March 29, 1013. Flint, Texas. Cute.

It is not fancy but it is  cute.  We are staying at a Time Share, called  Lake of The Woods, in a small town named Flint, just south of Tyler.  It is a nature preserve.  Ken and I are staying in a small, rustic cabin, complete with everything we need to function well, except we have almost new food.   The log cabin has only one problem.  We have no view.  The resort is situated on a lake but we are not anywhere near the lake.  What were they thinking?   The place has been owned by the same family for three generations and I think that people were not so demanding sixty years ago.  I was looking forward to sitting on the porch looking over the lake,  and reading.   Instead, from my porch I can see six cabins, all looking exactly like mine.   And to top it off, there are no chairs on the porch.


Our drive today was easy, a total of almost six hours.  We will enjoy our stay here but I have already urged Ken to have us leave on Sunday.  He says no.   He seems to have an infection so he needs a bit of a rest.  Our plan is to stay here until Tuesday or Wednesday but I will be surprised if we do.  After all, we are driving to the lake house at Canyon Lake and we know all about that view!!

No comments: