Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 20, 2013. Jackson, MS. Old Times.

It seemed like old times.  Last evening we took dinner to Andrew and Christina and the girls.   Christina and I talked on the phone in the morning and she invited us to dinner, but I suggested that she take the evening off and let us bring dinner, which she thought was a wonderful idea.    Monday evening we stayed home in our condo and about 6:00, Andrew called to tell us that we are always welcome and that we were always welcome but Ken and I do not wish to be a burden so we stayed home.

After a visit to the grocery store, we arrived with chicken, macaroni and cheese, cole slaw, bean salad and dessert.   Andrew laughed when we opened the packages and reminded us of when we brought food once a week to them in Bethesda.   I had forgotten but he was correct.  I stole the idea from my friend Alana but when Kate was born,  I asked Christina if we could bring dinner once a week, to see them and Kate on a regular basis.  She thought it a grand idea so we continued the practice right until they moved to Jackson.  Ken and I brought chicken or Pizza or Chinese food, on a rotating basis.  Our dinner last evening was just like the Boston Chicken food we used to bring in Bethesda.  

We enjoyed a happy dinner hour.  Molly especially enjoyed the cheese cake with strawberry sauce.  Mary Frances cut up and mashed the strawberries.   She did a fine job. especially as Christina had no potato masher.   I still don't know how MF did it, but the sauce was great.   There were good times all those years ago and there are good times now.   Ken and I are grateful for our wonderful family.

No comments: