Wednesday, March 6, 2013

May 6, 2013. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Elise.

Elise is my grand niece, the daughter of my nephew Ken and his wife Anne.   They live in Vancouver, British Columbia, the city where I was brought up.  Both parents are scientists, actually physicists and her brother Eric is in graduate school in Engineering, but Elise wanted no part of the world of science.   She is studying literature at the University of British Columbia.   This semester she is studying at the Sorbonne in Paris.  Fortunately she speaks french.  Her clever mother has always spoken to Elise in french.

elisesurseine.wordpress.com is her blog.   I am enjoying reading all about her experiences.   But what I enjoy the best is getting to know her a bit better.  She is twenty and I have seen her probably ten times in her young life and always in a group so we have never actually had a conversation.  I always know what she is doing from Dave and Irene but it is great fun to hear what she is thinking about and how she responds to the stress of travel and to new situations.  It is very reassuring to know that she handles herself very well.  The next generation of children are going to do very well and I have been impressed by her energy and expertise.

Now I want her to post her blog on some time of schedule and to post them regularly.  These old folks are vicariously enjoying her semester at the Sorbonne.

No comments: