Sunday, March 24, 2013

March 24, 2013. Jackson, MS. Entertaining.

Andrew and Christina entertain very comfortably.   Tonight, Nelson and Katie came for dinner with their daughter Sophie.  Nelson is Christina's elder brother so we were all family so Andrew and Christina served hamburgers and chips.  The food was delicious and easy so no one slaved over the stove preparing the meal.  As Andrew and Christina were relaxed and not tired, everyone else was relaxed and enjoyed the evening.  It was a great way to entertain.  The children ate in the TV room while they played a dance contest, which was won by Molly.   For dessert we ate carrot cake and tangerines, brought by me.  It was a lovely, lively evening.

Ken and I served brunch to Andrew and Christina and the girls today.  Once again, it was easy.  Bacon cooked by Ken, quiche, fruit bowls of strawberries and blueberries and small cinnamon buns.  Delicious.  I enjoy entertaining but I don't enjoy spending hours in the kitchen so I just find some easy food to serve to guests.  My assumption is that the guest are visiting to spend time with the hosts and each other, not necessarily to eat the best meal of the year.  The conversation is more important than the food, is what I am saying.  I wonder what the guests think?

It was an entertaining kind of day, enjoyed by both children and adults.

No comments: