Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December 10, 2014. Ridgeland, MS. Adenocarcinoma.

The problem in my chest is that I have an Adenocarcinoma. So far, the cell type causing the cancer is still not isolated but the good folks at the lab are continuing to use more stains to try to figure it out. On Tuesday when I meet with the Oncologist, the cell will have been isolated and a treatment plan put in place. We certainly hope so. The Oncologist here wants records from my old breast cancer but our records are in storage, Dr. Alley the breast surgeon has retired and Dr. Hendricks the Oncologist does not keep records for that long. I suspect there will be no luck with the old records. I am told that most people recall vividly the date of the diagnosis for breast cancer but I have ignored it and put it out of my mind. When asked I say, "About 15 years ago", but I really have no clue. Now we want a road map. Gill says that the treatment will not be pleasant but we will see. Whatever that path, we will walk along it together with our family and friends cheering us on. The world of medicine has come a long way with treatment of cancers. We certainly hope that is true.

No comments: