Sunday, December 21, 2014

December 21, 2014. Ridgeland, MS. Organizing Again.

Tomorrow we fly to Puerto Vallarta. My Oncologist thinks it is a fine idea. The warmth and the open air will help with my healing, she thinks. If we can connect with a good oncologist who understands the treatment, my Dr. Sheehan will be happy to oversee the procedures. If not, I will come home to Jackson for my treatment. The disadvantage of going is the complications. I must take the system with me for draining my fluid through the catheter. And I must wear a mask in the airports and on the planes. But on the other hand, the walking is level and easy and never crowded. The restaurants are open to the air so I can avoid infections from other people. The air is warm, at 80 degrees in the day time and 65 at night. A small hospital is right across the street. And the condominium is big enough for friends to visit and help. The view from our balcony is wonderful, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Despite the complications and the risk, we are organized to go and hope all goes well with our journey.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Safe travels! Checking your blog daily to see how you are coming along. I know I speak for hundred (thousands?!) of agents in the DC area who are wishing you well with your treatment. Merry Xmas! XO. Wendy Banner