Wednesday, December 24, 2014

December 24, 2014. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Christmas 2014.

By anybody's standards, this has been an usual Christmas season for us. I love Christmas but this year I have done nothing to be ready. Not one Christmas card written. No presents sent to family. Not even a gift for Ken. Tomorrow morning we will awaken to find no gifts. And it is all our own fault. Ken had hernia surgery two weeks ago and he has been slow to recover. And I have spent all my time trying to figure out what was the matter with me, so was not really focused on anything but me. All my energy was gone by the time Christmas came to mind. But we are here by ourselves by our choice, thinking that we can recover better in the warmth and sun of Nuevo Vallarta. Many years ago, in Toronto, my Father had a heart attack just before Christmas so he was in the hospital for the Christmas season. My Mother was upset that many items from her list were not completed. I recalled telling her that some things were more important than others and that no one would mind. Today I am giving myself the same advice. And I look forward to being ready when it is time for Christmas 2015.

No comments: