Saturday, December 20, 2014

December 20, 2014. Ridgeland, MS. Our Plan.

First a change of terminology. Chemotherapy is a nasty word. When the word is used, people shudder. I am using the term Medicine. Form this point on, I will receive my treatment getting Medicine. No chemotherapy for me. The plan is to give me treatment every three weeks, via IV, until the pleural effusion has gone, when the oncologist has determined we would use hormonal medicine by mouth. How my body responds to the medicine will determine the termination of IV treatment. As my disease is treatable but not cured, I expect to be taking these medication forever. Yesterday I had my first bout of Medicine. Much to my horror, it took 4.5 hours to get all the drugs through the IV. Fortunately I could read on my iPhone. And I was entertained by two people. Monday, Ken and I will fly to Puerto Vallarta, returning to Jackson February 25. If we can find an oncologist acceptable to my oncologist I will have my treatment there. If not, I will return to Jackson for treatment. The warmth and the level walking will be a wonderful place for healing for both me and Ken, even if I must return to Jackson every three weeks. Don and Doreen are joining us for January and Rita and Ian will come for February. They will be a huge help. So that is our plan. Finally, my treatment has begun and we have a good plan.

No comments: