Saturday, December 13, 2014

December 13, 2014. Ridgeland, MS. My Health.

My health is good except for one major problem. It appears that my old breast cancer has come back. If you were to look at me you would think all is well. I am not fading away. My cheeks are rosy. My finger nails and toe nails grow quickly. But beginning mid summer, I began to lack energy, which is unusual for me. And I was short of breath. I knew something was the matter and suspected it was a dire disease. And I was correct. I was hoping that our stay in Texas could isolate my troubles but it took so long to get action, that by the time we left, we knew only that I had a lymphocytic pleural effusion. At the medical center in Mississippi, through test after test, they determined that I had a mass on my chest, caused by my old breast cancer. The risk for me of a recurrence from my breast cancer was low, down to 2%, but here it is, back in a new form. The good thing is the new research. Treatment is much better now than it was in 2000. The pathology report has isolated the cells so the oncologist should be able to determine a good treatment regimen. Tuesday we meet. We are ready to march down that road.

No comments: