Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December 2, 2014. Ridgeland, MS. Salut Salon.

Wonderful Wendy, my niece, sent me this You Tube link. I had never even heard of this group. "Wettstreit zu viert" is the name of the piece. I spent all morning listening. The musicians are German, four women who play classical repertoire, but instill a bunch of fun into their performances. They are all four excellent musicians and also beautiful but they are clearly having fun too. They are a little bit like Mozell Brass, but only a little. There must be many many groups I know nothing about but when I find one such as Salut Salon, I seem so surprised and pleased. I am pleased at the level of expertise out there in the world and surprised that I knew nothing about them. My niece is not a musician so I have no clue how she spotted them but they are worth listening to and watching. Maybe the group will even come to the US. But I bet they will not come to Jackson.

No comments: