Monday, January 18, 2016

January 18, 2016. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Nothing Dramatic.

Today was a lovely day.  Nothing much happened but the whole day was pleasant.  All morning we all had our noses in our computers and on the Internet.   The weather was perfect sitting on the balcony.   One of our favorite restaurants was on the beach in front of our condo so we walked down to enjoy their good food and their shade while watching the sea.   This was the first of what will probably be many lunches at that restaurant.

After lunch we four sat by the pool and I got in the water and paddled around.  I liked it.  Last year I was unable to to get in the water so this year in our pool was special.  While sitting by the pool I met my Italian friend from Toronto, the one I helped with her swimming two years ago.  She was using a cane.  In June she fell and smashed her hip so after two plates and multiple pins, she is now walking with a cane.  Last winter she was not here at all so I was not forced to tell her anything about my health.  I thought it a good sign that she recognized me as the same person.  In other words, I looked fine.

A nap around four for 30 minutes followed by a glass of wine on the balcony finished up our day.  Today has been delightful, enjoying our friends and our condo.  The magnificent sunset is now calling me.   Today we did not really do much but we enjoyed every minute.

No comments: