Friday, January 8, 2016

January 8, 2016. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. The Hot Tub.

When Ken and I sit by the pool in this resort, we sit twenty feet from the hot tub.  It turns out to be endlessly entertaining.    We never get into it.  Ken is not in love with public hot tubs especially ones that are busy and who have lots of kids getting in and out.  His opinion is that the hot tub is impossible to keep clean so we stay out.  Also it is not really hot.  People stay in for ages which means it is not very hot.

We sit  in this location by the pool because it it the quietest spot, and as far as possible from the source of the music.   At first, I did not like being so close to the hot tub but it has turned into a source of amusement.

This hot tub is busy.  At any time, 8 or 10 people from young to old will be taking the waters.  Yesterday, one young couple spent 30 minutes hugging and kissing on one side of the tub, while 8 other folks were on the opposite side talking and laughing and enjoying themselves and paying no attention to the young lovers.   Today an old Mexican couple spent a long time with the man sitting on the bench with his elderly wife  in front of him, his arms wrapped around her all the time.  It was a sweet scene.  At the same time was a couple around 45 chatting to each other and to their daughter, who switched from the swimming pool to the hot tub with regularity.   After twenty minutes of hot tubbing, the man started to get out, but he quickly stepped down into the water.  I had noticed immediately that he was not American because we was wearing a skin tight bathing suit.  I  also noticed a huge bulge at the front of his suit.  Eventually he got out.  No one noticed.

There is  constant action right before my eyes.  I hardly have time to read with all the goings on in the hot tub.   No one pays me any attention even though I really am a voyeur.  And at my age.

3 comments:

Spike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spike said...

Ruth, just was looking at your old emails and noted the "Rambling with Ruth" notation! I see you guys are in Nuevo (where exactly?), so perhaps we can visit you or you can join us at the Hyatt for sunset cocktails! Cathy and I are in need of a break after a crazy 12 months of deciding to run for office, a nomination campaign, an snap election call, an election campaign and then a rather shocking result, leaving me as the only new PC in the entire province! Proud of my family and my team for breaching an orange tide...
Let's see if it works, without too much hassle, to connect with you and Ken! We arrive this Sunday the 10th in the evening for 7 short nights at Hyatt Ziva just about 7 minutes South of the old town, and my highest priority is relaxing with my Honey, but again, if we can come visit or connect for a cocktail at a favourite mid-point that would be nice...
My email is gotfried@telus.net and I also just sent you an email before I found your blog confirming your locale!

Cheers and hugs,

Richard & Cathy Gotfried

Spike said...

See now that you are at the Hard Rock. If all works well, we would love to come for a cocktail on the 8th Floor! I will look up your location on a map...how much and how far is the taxi ride from town?

Cheers,

Richard