Friday, January 22, 2016

January 22, 2016. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. The Mega Store.

My grocery cart looked ridiculous.  Two different workers offered to get me another cart and keep my already full one for me until I was finished,  but I was stubborn and said I was fine and only wanted to deal with one grocery cart at a time.  I was doing a big shopping so wanted to buy provisions for the condo for the two months.  That was why I went by myself, so I could go up and down every isle and concentrate on the groceries and our needs.   My organization was good so I was able to pack a lot of objects in my cart.  My the time I was finished,  it was so heavy I could barely push it and it was mounded high with groceries.

The Mega Store is an excellent grocery store chain in Mexico.   We shop  at the one in Bucerias and it is huge.   The service is excellent as well as their products.  When I got out of the taxi, a man immediately came over with a grocery cart and welcomed me to The Mega.  When I left, a young man wheeled my two carts full of bagged groceries and signaled to a taxi.  The driver and the store worker loaded all the groceries in the trunk.  It was full.

I could have purchased lots more groceries but my cart was too full.  The bakery has wonderful desserts but I could not balance another item on my already full cart.  I really should have allowed someone else to come with me so they could have wheeled a second cart but I wanted to focus.  As it was, I forgot only one essential item, which was sugar.  We can do without sugar.  It has taken me all day to recover from pushing that heavy cart, but now our pantry, fridge and freezer are full.  It was worth looking ridiculous pushing that heavy cart around the store when I know I do not need to go back to the Mega any time soon!!

No comments: