Monday, January 4, 2016

January 4, 2016. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. From The Balcony.

Watching from our 8th floor balcony is endlessly interesting.  A whole world revolves in front of my eyes.  I can see but I can not hear so I must imagine the conversations.  It is great sport.

As usual, this morning I observed the great walk past.  People walk the beach, up and down, endlessly.  They walk and they run.  They walk in groups and alone but mostly they are in couples.  You can tell the nationality by the bathing suits.  North American men wear suits down to their knees while the women were tiny bathing suits.  European men wear tight speedo type suits while the women wear one piece suits.  That is my guess anyway.  One young couple walking the beach were  long and lean.  And they were holding hands.  Right in front of my balcony they stopped walking, turned to each other and embraced.  They stayed hugging and kissing for at least 5 minutes.  Then they continued their walk.  What was said that began the hugging and kissing?  I will never know.

The grounds of the resort in the morning is teeming with working people, all in different uniforms, depending on their tasks.  There are workers cleaning the pools and cooks reporting to work.  Young women in white shorts and a white blouses sweep the decks and straighten the lounge chairs.  One young lady was working hard cleaning the deck with a brush.   She was energetic with her work and for 15 minutes she had completed three quarters of the one area.  Then a tall young man wearing dark pants and dark shirt came by to chat with her.  He works in the maintenance department.  They chatted and she worked.  Then they talked again...and again.  When he finally left her to complete her task, she had to work very fast, but I bet she enjoyed her ten minutes chat with the young man.  Scrubbing decks is boring.

From the 8th floor I hear no conversations, but I see a flurry of activities.  It is a bit like watching TV with no sound.  It is kind of fun trying to figure out what is happening, all from my 8th floor balcony.

No comments: