Wednesday, August 16, 2017

August 16, 2017. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Haircuts.

The little girls was excited, sitting in the big chair to have her hair cut.   She was on the opposite side of the salon to me but I could clearly hear her questions.   I had arrived for my 11:15 pedicure appointment, having been dropped off by Alice Anne.  Actually, I should have arrived at 11:45, the proper time.  Instead I drank a cup of good coffee and watched the action and called A.A. to pick me up later than planned.

The child's mother was sitting watching the hair cut, and every so often, admonishing the child to speak quietly.  The little girl asked about everything the lady was doing.  Why do you use the comb so much?  How short will it be?  Will my hair be the same all around?  Will I be able to wear a pony tail?  The list was endless.  As I watched and listened, it was clear that this visit to the hair salon was the first.  And I noted lots of hair on the floor.   The hair was left just below the ears.  When the little girl was finished, she skipped around to get her sucker.  I guessed that she was 6 and cute and personable.  After she was finished, all the hair was swept up, which was a lot.  The little girl picked up a c hunk to take home.

Next up was the Mother.  Her hair was also long, but the plan was to be cut short too.  Evidently, the mother and child had made a plan.  Then I was ready to go in for my pedicure.  But I got the added bonus at observing this little girl's first hair cut.  In the past, the mother had just trimmed the ends.  I did wonder about the decision.  Girls today are all wearing their hair long, so what prompted the decision.  I will never know but I enjoy watching the excitement.  

No comments: