Wednesday, August 23, 2017

August 23, 2017. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Storms.

The weather forecast in Western Head is always only 50% correct, which obviously means half the time the forecast is wrong.   Today we were to have thunder storms late in the day along with heavy rain, but not until after 8:00.  Instead we had heavy rain all day, along with very high winds but nothing after dark.  Even the wind has stopped blowing.

There is something about waking up hearing the rain that makes you want to stay in bed.  It was definitely a day to stay at home, even after I got up.   The wind was shrieking around the house with the rain pouring down so both Ken and I decided to stay in our night shirts and putter around home.   The day was wonderful.   I read and cleaned up my emails and read some more.  I also phoned several businesses to give them a change of address.  I am always surprised these little tasks take so long to complete.  Ken gives me the information and I get the job done.   Today was the day to clean the desk.

Alice Anne is home in Galveston only to begin organizing for Tropical Storm Harvey.  They expect lots of rain but not much wind.  So far at Western Head they have forecast 3 big storms but we have had nothing.  Today was a perfect day to stay at home and stay warm and cosy.  I always feel sorry for the little birds during these heavy rains and high winds.  But for me, I was a happy camper listening and watching.

No comments: