Monday, January 15, 2018

January 15, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. What Happened.

On the first Monday when we arrived, Ken said he had a cold.  Every day he got weaker so by Thursday he was unable to get back to bed.  I asked a young man from the hall to help me.  Then I called the ambulance.  Ken thought he was dying.  He said that all the life energy was leaving him.  Fortunately, the hospital is excellent and the good doctors immediately started him on all kinds of medicine.  He was in the Intensive Carte section for four days.  Now his infection has gone but he is very weak.  So he must build back his strength.

I visited Ken in the hospital on the Friday at noon and then walked home.  On the way back my legs felt like rubber.  When I returned to see him that evening, I had a high temperature and a bad cough, so they admitted me to the hospital.  I had the flu.  After much medicine, I came home from the hospital on Monday afternoon.   Fortunately, Sara Lou arrived in the same afternoon.  She has  been looking after us ever since, making multiple trips to the hospital to check on Ken plus looking after me.

\Everyone has been helpful.  The concierge retrieved all our belongings from the hotel and brought them to Playa.  Kathy and Ted have been wonderful, shopping and bringing us goodies, even bring dinner the other night.  But it has not been easy.  Now we try to get  ahead.  What happened has  been unbelievable.   A true  nightmare in Paradise.

1 comment:

Diana Ditto said...

Ruth and Ken- So glad that you are both improving. Sending healing thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. So glad to see the blog back up and running. Love to you both, Diana Ditto