Sunday, January 21, 2018

January 21, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. Ken Update..

Ken thought he was dying.  He told me after the fact that every ounce of life had run out of his system, and he though he was going to fade away forever.  Fortunately, when he was unable  to get back to his bed, I asked a young man who was in the hall to help, which he did.  And after I had a shower, I called for an ambulance.  Everyone helped and soon Ken was in the Intensive Care Unit of the new hospital right across the street from Playa Royale. Ken went into the hospital January 4, and came home on the 15th.

All this week he increased in strength.  He was able on Friday to walk down to the pool, which is quite a distance.  But on Saturday he got an infection, probably from the catheter, which was  removed on Friday.  Now he is back on antibiotics and again not able to walk except to the balcony to sit and watch the sea.  He is determined to get better and we hope he is c correct.

My friend Suzanne R. reminded me that rehabilitation is always one step forward and a half step back.  As long as we go forward we will both be happy.  Just a moment ago, when I told him I was going for a walk on the balcony, he assured me that tomorrow will be a better day for him.  So that is the state of his recovery.   The most important part is that he is determined.  And that is a good thing.

No comments: