Friday, January 19, 2018

January 19, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. Attitude Adjustment.

Even Sarah, our granddaughter has been admonishing me to take one step at a time.    Somehow or another, I have been focusing on the issues that were causing us destress rather than concentrating on things that bring pleasure.  In other words, I had gotten negative and did not seem to be able to find my happy spot.  I was glum even though our situation has improved dramatically in a week.  So I gave myself a lecture.

This evening, I was sitting by myself watching the sun go down.  Ken and the physical therapist along with the nurse were working with Ken so I was by self, having a pitty party.  I am supposed to stay off Ibrance until I feel better.  But I  do not feel terrific so I did not know what to do.  And although Ken is able to walk with his walker unassisted, I did not seem overly enthusiastic.  My normal sunny disposition had deserted me, but only temporarily.

The sun set tonight was beautiful but un usual.  The big sun was white as it descended and as I watched I listed all the reasons why I could get over my grousing and get happy.  As the sun dropped behind the horizon, I sent all my anxiety away.   I feel much better already.  Now the test will be when I awake in the middle of the night with a start and stay awake worrying about all the troubles needing to be resolved.  From now on, I will laugh.

No comments: