Monday, January 1, 2018

January 1, 2018. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. What a Difference a Day Makes.

Many years ago, Ken and I and the boys flew to Austria  to ski.  We spent the night on the plane.   We rented a car and drove to another city, where we were spending the night.   Ken and I decided to take a walk before eating and going to bed.  The boys went to bed.  We were all tired.   When it was time to return to the hotel, we realized that we knew neither the name or the address of the hotel.   We were lost with no way to ask directions.  We stopped for a cup of tea and a pastry.  Ken finally figured out our route and got us back to the hotel.  That first day of a flight is not kind to travelers.  But the next day is better.

On Saturday evening everything was wrong.  The internet would not work, my blog was unable to access, my phone would not do anything and my shoe was unglued.    So we went to bed at 9:00.   But by the next afternoon, our world had returned.  In the middle of the night, Ken figured out the Wi Fi system,  and had my phone working.  My e mails were coming and I could respond.  And my shoe was fixed.   You would think that I should expect not to function on the day of travel, but I always get fooled.  In the future, I will remind myself to do nothing except eat and sleep on a travel day.  The next day is always better but what a difference a day makes in the life of a traveller.

No comments: