Friday, January 26, 2018

January 26, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. The Weather./

Yesterday was a dull, gloomy day. The sky was overcast the whole time.  People from the north do not enjoy those days.  They grumble.  And expect the sun will shine brightly every day.  After all, they are living in Paradise Village.  We even got rain which is very unusual during the winter.  Two loud claps of thunder and lightning were so bright and loud that  I thought a plane had exploded.  The bright lights and  the loud noise arrived simultaneously.  It wasn't until the second thunder could be heard that I realized that we were having a thunder storm, complete with pouring rain.  But that was all.

Today, everyone was thrilled with the perfect weather.  I went to the pool this  afternoon to catch some vitamin D.   For a few days and nights I was focusing on the problems with my life so I decided to enjoy the weather and the pool and the hot tub.   It was just what the doctor ordered.  I chatted with my Italian  friend  who I bonded with years ago when I helped her with her swimming.  I never was able to increase her swimming prowess, but we became friends.  The conversation of about 30 minutes after my swim was a welcome distraction.  And on my way up to our condo, I recited all the positives in my life, beginning with m,y ability to walk and talk.  From now on, I will try not to dwell on my difficult issues, especially in the middle of the night when I can not sleep.

As an added bonus, Ken was brighter and more alert today.   This afternoon, he was sitting in a chair, although he is still  in ICU.  Tomorrow, all being well, he will  return to the regular floor, which will be a great blessing.  All in all, the weather today was a blessing as was Ken's condition.  And to top it off, Kathy and Ted are bring dinner.   I am a fortunate lady indeed.

No comments: