Tuesday, January 30, 2018

January 30, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. Another Day.

This is a tough hill we are climbing.  But we  are climbing.  Ken's infection's are almost gone and he is eating proper food.   He is having physical therapy twice a day to build up his strength.  The next item to deal with is his plumbing.  Evidently the tubes from the bladder are plugged and his prostate is enlarged.  That is the main issue now.  We will see what happens next.  Kenny and Anne are at the hospital keeping him company and helping with dinner.  Ken is fighting hard.

My immune system has bounced back.  My white cells are at 6.  I have been off Ibrance for 3 weeks. Tonight I begin again.  My blood was drawn this morning and results e mailed to my Oncologist and to me.  That is good news.  When I was admitted to the hospital my white cells were at 2.  So my body has been working non stop despite the  stress.  Last night for the first time in my life I took a sleeping pill.  Ken's doctor wrote me a prescription when he asked if I was sleeping well.  I was honest so he quickly told me to use medication.

This morning Ken and I spent all morning either on the phone or the computer, trying to set up for the future financial items.  I am embarrassed to note that we were negligent to have everything in order for poor David and Christina.  We were foolish.  But bit by bit we are making progress.  I again spent all afternoon at the hospital.  Poor Kenny and Anne spent a short time at the Farmer's Market.   At least this afternoon they were able to sit by the pool.  So another day has passes.  Our goals are short term.  "Inch by inch," reminded Suzanne R. to me.  Not easy when we have so far to go.  But here we go.

No comments: