Wednesday, January 24, 2018

January 24, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. Update.

Tonight I watched the sunset and tried to find my happy place again.   The sunset was unusual with lots and lots of clouds on the horizon.  But it was beautiful.  On Sunday I felt fine and I was coping, even though we took Ken back to the hospital.  He was steady and had been taken to a room, leaving ICU in the afternoon. The next. day,  I left at 7:00 to walk home, trying to get home before the night was too dark to see.  Evidently, at 8:30, Ken had an incident and  was returned to ICU.  I was called at 10:00 pm to come back to the hospital.  Ken had asked for me.  Of course, he did not know what time it was.  So I put my c clothes back on and walked to the hospital in the pitch black, which is not easy.

I visited with Ken and talked to 2 doctors and was home by midnight.  I
went to bed and to sleep and stayed asleep for three hours.  I awoke quickly to find all my confidence and coping had evaporated.  I was tense, lying awake all night.  The same thing happened last night.  I had a few hours sleep, then stayed awake unable to relax.  I felt like my whole body was on alert.  So I rested in bed the rest of the night.  This afternoon was the same.  After visiting Ken for a few hours, I came home for a rest.  But no sleep came.  I do not know what is the matter with me?  But I am determined to get back my coping skills.

Today David and I worked out some systems to handle our accounts, which should make me stop worrying.  And this evening when I visited Ken he seemed somewhat better.  He was able to hold the glass for his afternoon milkshake.  And several times he was resting comfortably.  I must return to my happy confident self.  Of course, I am supposed to have no stress and to stay away from infections.  Now I go to the hospital a couple of times a day which is a hot bed of infections.  So I have things to worry about, in addition to a very ill husband.  Being worried does not help I know.  But it is not so easy.  We certainly are both going through a bit of a difficult patch.   Kathy and Ted are bring dinner tonight.  That should help my confidence I bet.

No comments: