Monday, January 22, 2018

January 22, 2018. Playa Royale. Unto Every Life.

The rains keep coming.  Ken is back to the hospital with another infection, this one of the kidneys which cause heart failure.  All of a sudden, Ken fell apart.  Temperature went up high as did the blood pressure, along with heart and breathing rate.  And he had the shakes.  I thought he was going to die before we got to the hospital.  But this evening he is b better off than last evening, which is a good thing.  He spent the night and most of the day in Intensive Care but now he is in room 209 with a wonderful view of the mountains.  Now he must get rid of the infection which we hope the heavy medications will fix.

I am better able to cope than the first time.  Even Ken noticed that I do not look so worried, which is a good thing.  Once agin, Cathy and Ted have been wonderful, staying with me at the hospital and Kathy taking me for a late lunch while Ken stayed with Ken.  Then after Ken was taken to his new room, they visited a bit both with me and Ken.   Now I have walked back to the condo just  before dark.  Making the trip in the dark is not easy so I left Ken to the nurses to tend.  I hope they do a good job.

The thing about life is that you never know what is around the corner, for good or ill.  But we will do our best.

No comments: