Tuesday, January 16, 2018

January 16, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. Sleeping.

We have 2 nurses each staying 12 hours with Ken.  A young lady, referred to us by Ken's Doctor, referred her to us.  Her name is Adriana and she is wonderful.  She orchestrated getting Ken over to the hospital yesterday and she has organized the nurses and house hold help.  Misa is a large strapping woman who works all day.  She bathed Ken this afternoon and helped him with his medicine boxes.  Fortunately, she is strong and can get Ken out of the chair and bed.

Not in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be able to sleep in the same room as a young man sitting in the corner close to Ken.  He is named Evan and is a handsome man.  After he settled Ken for the night and I was in my night shirt, I showed him the guest room, which is just across from Ken.  He looked at me aghast and said, pointing to the chair, "Aqui".  He intended to spend his night in the corner beside Ken while I was to sleep on the other side of the bed.  I was weary so I did not insist.  In fact, he was not budging from his chair.  So I did what I needed to do and went to bed.  Much to my surprise, I fell asleep. And I got the best sleep in days.  Ken is napping now, with Lisa sitting in the chair.  The moral of the story is that being watched while you sleep is not a problem, especially when tired.

No comments: