Saturday, January 27, 2018

January 27, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. Ken and Anne.

Anne cooked tuna for dinner.  It was delicious.  They arrived from Vancouver just this afternoon and already they have been to the swimming pool, walked on the beach and visited Ken in the hospital.  They are busy people.   I am delighted to have them here.  In addition to exploring the area, they will help with visiting Ken in the hospital, and to keep me company.  

At dinner this evening, we talked about their plans for the future.  They have purchased a bigger, more sturdy sail boat, in order to spend a few years sailing the high seas.  Retirement is coming soon, perhaps in a year or two, and they will sail away,  for their first venture coming to Mexico.  Then maybe heading to the Pacific Islands.  They want to be able to take these ventures while they are still able.   Their plan is to sell their house and buy something smaller, which they would rent when they head away.  It all seems adventuresome and fun, but also fraught with issues.  But as I said to them, if the new life style does not suit, they can always return to Vancouver and go back to work.

Ken has been moved to a regular floor.  I spent the evening with him.   He is so weary.  Not eating properly.  I despair.  But never say that out loud.  Perhaps that is why I am not able to sleep.  I feel so sorry for him.   He said tonight that the only place he can go these days is to go to sleep.     Not an easy time for him, or for me.   Kenny and Anne's presence will help both Ken and me.  So here we go.  

No comments: