Monday, April 13, 2020

April 12, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Easter Dinners.

My first Easter dinner was eaten Saturday evening. As Sunday noon was supposed to have a storm, Christina suggested we eat our Easter feast on Saturday. And she suggested Japanese food. The best Japanese restaurant in Jackson opens at 5:00 so Christina phoned in our order and was given another number to call when parked. When they arrived the lot was full with people waiting for their order. Eventually the food came along with the credit card machine and they were ready to come to see me. Kate is still off limits. The plate of food was full and delicious. None of us thought we would be able to finish our meal, but we did. That was the first time we have celebrated Easter with Japanese food. We might do it again we enjoyed it so much. Then we sat in the living room and talked until well after dark. We had a splendid celebration. Around noon today, my across the street neighbor texted to see if I would like an Easter dinner. Normally, both sets of parents come for Easter but of course, they are staying home. But Donna was still cooking. I said Yes. Late in the afternoon, Gregg brought my dinner. It included appetizers and dessert along with a typical ham and all the trimmings Easter dinner. I saved the appetizers and salad for tomorrows lunch while I enjoyed the ham dinner. It was wonderful. I feel grateful for my family and my neighbors for looking after me so well at Easter. At this time of year with a peculiar situation in the country, it is easy to think of what has been missed. But I have focused on what I have, which is a comfortable home and two delicious Easter Feasts. Pretty good.

No comments: