Sunday, April 19, 2020

April 19, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Food.

When I arrived home from Mexico, I had a freezer full of cooked food. My cook did not manage cooking for one, so every week I had food left over. My solution was to put the leftover food in the freezer. I had multiple containers of good food. My pantry also had loads of food. I had tins of vegetables and boxes of rice mixtures. There are at least 6 types of cereal in the pantry. My goal this time in Mississippi was to eat all the food in my house and only buy fruit, milk, vegetables and bread. So far I am doing a good job. All the containers of food made by Drysis are empty and are now in my tupper ware drawer. I enjoyed all her soups. For dinner last evening I ate a baked potato and green beans. Tonight I cooked two packages of red beans and rice in the rice cooker. I served it with hot dogs I found in the freezer. I was supposed to eat a salad but I was too full. Next time I will eat the salad first. The last time I went to the grocery store I bought cottage cheese and apple sauce so I have had that for breakfast. I do not really enjoy cereals but I will probable eat them for breakfasts just to have them gone. My friends Joyce and Robbie give me frozen meat for Christmas so I will cook that meat beginning this week, that is if I can remember how to cook. I am determined to use up all the food in this house before I return to the grocery store. So far, all is well in the food department at my house. I have been managing well without my cook. Kashina and I often went out for lunch but we can not do that now. We miss our lunches. But soon we will be back to normal, I feel sure. My freezer looks great. Almost empty. I am giving myself a pat on the back.

No comments: