Monday, April 20, 2020

April 20, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Progress.

Today I heard motor boats on the Reservoir. Ever since the restrictions to stay home, the reservoir has been closed to boating. The purpose of staying home was always to decrease the spread of the virus, yet the officials have not been any boaters on the lake. The strings are loosening, which is a good thing. Theresa cleans my house. A few weeks ago, the first Monday when we were supposed to stay home, she had four customers cancel their appointments with her. She works two houses each day so four of her money earning jobs were gone. She was upset. Today she was all smiles. The company she works for received money from the government on Friday so the workers like Theresa will get their salary. So Theresa will get the same amount of money as last year. Bev who owns the company was smart and applied immediately when the PPP was approved. Now Bev has the funds from the grant and will dole out the funds each week. Theresa is thrilled. She will not need to take another job. It was just like The White Spot of Vancouver days. Today we drove into the restaurant Primos. We gave our order on the phone and the order was delivered to us in the car. Many folks sat in their car to eat. Others sat at an outdoor table. We brought our food home. Pretty slick. The place was busy. This morning, Kashina and I drove to my eye doctor to pick up my key. They found it on the floor. I was delighted. Kashina said all along that I lost it in the office so today I called and it was there. On the way home we celebrated by buying lunch. I had a day of progress, which I could see going on every place I looked. All seems exciting. And more progress is in store. Hallelujah.

No comments: