Saturday, April 25, 2020

April 25, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Simp[le Pleasure.

Every morning I carefully select a mug for my tea. Many many years ago, when we travelled with the boys, I bought a mug to bring home as a reminder from the vacation. In the years prior, when Ken was at medical school and travelled in the summer, we had no money so spent nothing except travel and food expenses. I collected the mugs for quite a while and finally decided that I needed no more mugs, so I sought out small original water color paintings. They were inexpensive and easy to carry. When we got home I framed them, when I got enough money. Many of the mugs have disappeared but I still enjoy the memories of where I bought the mugs. Two mugs I purchased at Nags Head when our friends from picnic group went every spring. I bought them at different years. They are big and blue. One has seagulls and the other shells. I use a large one from the first year we went to Rehobeth Beach. And I have a Jackson Hole mug where we went skiing with the boys. I also have two mugs given to me by my Mother one year she visited us. Now I have the new mug given to me by Wonderful Wendy of the statue of Ken in Nova Scotia. The use of all the mugs gives me great pleasure. If anyone looks in the breakfast room you will see several small paintings, all brought back from vacations. I have them from Scotland, Idaho, Ireland and Costa Rico. Great memories. Mary Frances hung all the small paintings in the breakfast room. I look at them every day. Especially now that I am home much of the time, I treasure the mugs and small paintings. They are all very simple but they bring me much pleasure.

No comments: