Saturday, April 18, 2020

April 18, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. My TV Room.

Originally, the little room adjacent to the bedroom was to be a screened porch. The plans show it and the windows into the bathroom are metal outside windows. During the construction, they turned it into a proper room with a large arch opening to the room from the bedroom. Two sides are all windows. The former owner used the room as a TV room and we did too. It is a lovely little room, especially since we fixed it. The room was always too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. The summers did not matter because we were never hear. We bought a little heater for when it was chilly. The first thing we did was replace the single pane windows, which helped. Finally, we installed a separate heating and air-conditioning system with its own thermostat. Also there was never an air duct to the little room. The installers discovered that no insulation was ever put in the attic so we installed it. Now the room is cozy. I like the little room for several reasons. Ken and I replaced both our chairs and we moved the furniture. Ken's chair allowed him to look right out to the reservoir My chair is on a swivel so I was turn to look at the trees, birds and water. In addition I can look at four pieces or art, right in the room. My sister Carol gave us a copper relief of a scene making maple syrup the old fashioned way. As she gave us a gallon of maple syrup each year it is a lovely reminder of her generosity. Next I have a small pen and ink sketch of Nova Scotia of a scene from our cottage. It is charming. I think it was done by friend Pat. Two others are from our trips. One is sketches of castles and churches in Ireland. They were note cards and when we got home, the framer put the four on a frame. The last is from Newfoundland and Labrador. They also were put together by the framer. The are made with fabric and are stuffed a bit. They are bright and cheery and a reminder of our happy time there with Bud and Mary. So I enjoy my little TV room, even when I am not watching TV. And I especially appreciate the four little pieces of art. They remind me of happy times of long ago.

No comments: