Saturday, April 4, 2020

April 4, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. The Cruise.

The phone call was no surprise. Yesterday late morning my phone rang. Pearl Seas representative was telling me that my 2 cruises had been cancelled. So I booked the same cruise for 2021. They offered me the same price as this year plus 25% of the price to use however I wish on the cruise. Now I am set for next year. But that gave me lots of things to do. I was intending to stay 2 nights in Portland before the cruise to be able to see my friend of 1962 who lives 20 minutes away. So that hotel reservation had to be cancelled. My flights to Portland also had to be changed. The airline, Delta, was kind by waiving the fee for switching flights so now I fly from Jackson, to Atlanta then Toronto and finally Halifax. Airfares are low right now so the cost for my new flights were $95. less than the first flights to Portland. Now I am set. I must contact Mr. Gaskell to pick me up. I also have a hotel reservation in Milwaukee so I cancelled that reservation too. On my cruise of the Great Lakes, we stop at Parry Sound and had already contacted Bud and Mary to see them. So I had to alert them. And the cruise goes to Sault St. Marie where my nephew Christian lives. I was looking forward to seeing him and his family too, but not this year. The only flight I have done nothing with is the flights from Milwaukee to Halifax. I was encouraged to wait until closer to the time when I hope they will cancel the flight which means I get my money back. Now I must contact friend Sharon to tell her I will come in 2021, when I sail on May 15. Other than that last detail, everything is ready for me. I feel as I am just like the Olympics. Same drill, just one year later.

No comments: